Friday 15 May 2015

Homemade Garlic Chicken Cream of Mushroom Soup


I love making soup because it's not an exact science. I love to bake also, but baking generally requires pretty precise measurements and ingredients. Soup is a more laid-back endeavor, suited for when you have some ingredients that seem like they would go well together, but you can't decide exactly what to make.

I started out making a pot of chicken noodle soup the other day but then realized I didn't have any egg noodles, not celery or carrots, and only one chicken breast, so I went off in a different direction and came up with this delicious (if I do say so myself!) twist on cream of mushroom soup. There's just NO comparison to store bought, as is always the case with homemade. If you're used to the gloopy, paste-like consistency of canned cream of mushroom soup, you'll be SO pleasantly surprised with this recipe!

And even if you're not a drinker, please don't skip the sherry, just a little bit adds such a wonderful flavor layer and it's a crucial part of the recipe.
[continue reading]

No comments:

Post a Comment